1. Where are your data processed?
We operate in the United States. Our servers, offices, and sub-processors are located in the United States and therefore personal data about you may be transferred to, stored, or processed in the United States.
2. How long are your data stored?
We limit retention of your personal data to the time necessary to fulfill the personal data’s original purpose. Your contact details and access data (defined in Section 3 below) are logged to a secure database, and analytics cookies are kept indefinitely unless you request removal. Upon a deletion request, we will retain only those copies of your personal data and any related transactions in a manner that is either (i) consistent with the law or (ii) as we believe reasonably necessary to comply with any law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request.
3. What data are collected?
We collect information about you in two ways: directly from your inputs and through automated technologies. When you use our Services, the data of the device you use to access our Services is automatically logged (“access data”). This access data includes server log files that generally consist of the following information:
- the IP address of your computer;
- your web browser type and version;
- your operating system;
- your internet service provider (ISP);
- dates and times you accessed the Services;
- websites visited by you prior to accessing our Services; and
- websites you accessed from our Services.
Some features of our Services require that you divulge personal data to us (e.g. search queries, entries made in forms or contracts, click data). In this case, the personal data we process that is provided by you may include:
- contact information (address, phone, email),
- financial information (credit card numbers, billing information, passwords),
- biographical information (job title, company name, job history, photos); and
- other personal data you may share with us when you contact us with requests for additional information or support.
4. Do you collect Special Categories of personal data (sensitive data)?
5. What cookies are used?
- cookies that are used to identify or authenticate the user;
- cookies used to temporarily store user input (e.g. the content of a shopping cart or online form);
- cookies used to temporarily store marketing campaign information;
- cookies used to store user preferences (e.g. search or language settings);
- cookies that store data to enable the trouble-free rendering of video or audio content; and
- analytics cookies used to record the usage behavior of our users and evaluate it in the form of statistics (e.g. advertising banners clicked, sub-pages visited, search queries conducted).
6. How are your data used?
We use your personal data in the following ways.
- Providing the Services: we will process your personal data to activate, administer, maintain and troubleshoot the Services.
- Processing Payments: we will process your personal data to process and fulfill requests, orders, and other e-commerce transactions.
- Providing Technical Support: we will process your personal data to provide product and technical support for our Services.
- Improving User Experience and the Services: we will process your personal data to (i) enhance your experience visiting the Services and delivering more individualized content; (ii) respond to your inquiries, requests and customization preferences; and (iii) identify usage trends and develop data analysis based on your usage to further develop the Services.
- Strengthening Security and Integrity: we will process your personal data to enhance the technical and organizational measure we take to protect the security and integrity of the Services. This includes using server log files that are automatically collected and saved on a short-term basis (as described in Section 2) to perform statistical analysis of our systems to detect, prevent and stop denial-of-service attacks, troubleshoot and remedy technical issues, and prevent fraud.
- Sending Marketing Communications: we will process your personal data to notify you about new products and services offered by us and our partners and other non-transactional information (e.g.: newsletters, push-notifications). All marketing communications will include a link with instructions to stop further communications. You can also revoke your consent to receiving electronic communication at any time by emailing the designated contact in Section 13 below and writing “Revocation – Marketing Communications” in the subject line.
- Market Research and Advertising: we will process your personal data to (i) perform research, audits, reporting and other business operations; (ii) advertise to you and (iii) provide you with personalized content.
- Fulfilling Legal Obligations: we will process your personal data when complying with our legal obligations brought upon by a government authority and/or to enforce our binding contractual obligations.
- Reporting credits earned: we will report out to state and local agencies that need to track CPE credits and similar credits associated with professional development.
7. Sharing Your Data
The Services provide you with the option of subscribing to our newsletter by email or chat free of charge. We collect this information and process it to send you the newsletter with the assistance of third-party service providers. Any personal data you provide in the registration form (typically email and phone number) may be shared with our third-party service providers.
8. Third party content
9. Profiling and automated decision-making.
We do not use any fully automated decision-making processes or profiling for any purposes that result in a significant effect on the user.
10. Your Consent.
11. Children’s Personal Data.
The Services are not directed at children under that age of 16. If we obtain actual knowledge that any information we collect has been provided by a child under the age of 16, we will promptly delete that information. If you are a minor between the ages of 13 and 18, you may use the site only in conjunction with your parent or legal guardian.
12. What data privacy rights do I have?
Subject to local data protections laws, you may have certain rights to access your personal data and limit our use and disclosure of your personal data. To the extent required and/or permitted by the law of the applicable jurisdiction, these rights may include the following:
- Right to Access: the right to access your personal data.
- Right to Rectify: the right to correct any inaccuracies in your personal data.
- Right to be Forgotten: the right to have your personal data erased.
- Right to Restrict Processing: the right to restrict our processing of your personal data.
- Right to Data Portability: the right to transfer your personal data to another controller to the extent that such transfer is commercially feasible.
- Right to Object: the right to object to any processing of your personal data done by us to pursue our legitimate business interest.
- Freedom from Automated Processing: the right to exclude yourself from automated decision making based solely on profiling and automated processes.
- Right to Withdraw Consent: the right to take back any previously provided consent to process your personal data at any time.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint: the right to contact the data protection authority at your place of residence and request support in pursuing your matter.
We are committed to honor these rights. If you wish to exercise any of the rights mentioned above, please contact us and we will work with our privacy team in responding to your request and to the extent permitted and/or required by applicable laws, process your request within a reasonable time.
13. How to Contact Us.
1999 S. Bascom Ave., Suite 600
Campbell, CA 95008