SHARE is an online learning platform that:
- Enables teachers to discover trauma's effects on the body and brain, manage stress in the classroom, and cultivate resilience in themselves, their students, and the community
- Guides the creation of learning activities and materials to use in the classroom
- Connects educators with other teachers concerned about trauma and resilience in education
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a social and emotional impact on families across the world. It’s unclear how the virus will continue to affect our sense of security and stability, contributing to anxiety and depression. Yet, humans have overcome moments of crisis in the past by relying on one another, and we will do the same again. We at SHARE are helping in the following ways:
- We’ve created a free resource on teaching online. Please find it here and feel free to share it with your teams and colleagues
- Our friends at resilienteducator.com are hosting our video series on Learning in the Time of Coronavirus which you can watch here
- Please check out this great list of resources from our friends at Look for the Good Project
- Take our free, 90-minute course Teaching Through the Coronavirus Pandemic. This course discusses stresses specifically caused by responses to COVID-19, such as quarantine and social distancing. It also provides strategies to help teachers and their students remain strong during the pandemic. To learn more click here
Why Is Trauma & Resilience Training Important?
Even if your school or district is not currently using trauma-informed strategies, you've likely seen the research of how such approaches are positively impacting the lives of students, teachers, and administrators across the country. Resiliency, in particular, is important for everyone—students are more likely to posses it if they are taught by teachers who display it, and teachers are more resilient if empowered by knowledgable administrators. Being equipped with the right tools and strategies will help teachers build resilience in light of the secondary trauma they are experiencing in their classrooms every day.
Our name is a statement of purpose: We are the Source for Help, Advancement, and Renewal for Educators. There is no one-size-fits all solution to teacher burnout, but the most sturdy support for those in need comes from fellow educators—both those in one’s local educational community and in the profession at large.
While help may be right next door, sometimes it's not easy to find the words to ask for it. Sometimes we don’t hear each other’s struggle. Some have been asking for help or offering it for years, but their voices have gone unheard. We can get consumed in the details of a day, which passes without any meaningful conversation or self-reflection. Day after day, frustrations and feelings of helplessness mount until they become overwhelming.
These are human-sized challenges, and their solutions lie in creating stronger human connections. Technology cannot solve this, so rather than thinking of SHARE as a solution in itself, we think of our courses as a catalyst for conversation and growth in local learning communities. By creating intuitive coursework filled with practical guidance and resources from teachers, experts, and designers with different perspectives, we aim to inspire and equip teachers to share their own perspectives, because learning is, fundamentally, sharing. We’re here to help start the conversation.
The Learning Experience
Every administrator has enough systems to learn and processes to track. That’s why we make implementation fast and easy. From system access to all the whys and hows, our team handles the details.
Custom landing page for each district partner
Completely web-based solution
Fast and easy enrollment process—teachers can begin working immediately
Certificates of completion featuring teacher time on task
Reporting engine for district HR / PD stakeholders